Day 19 – Crowfoot Sioux to Saginaw Min.
Got a real early start on the day – left at 6:05 a.m. –
trying to beat the wind. The mornings
are quite calm so I thought I would take advantage of that. Lost my sun glasses somewhere so
stopped in Grand Rapids to get some.
Warren caught me at about 80 km.
and Stan and Wayne at about 94.
Stan had a fall connecting with Wayne’s back tire and going off his bike
into the gravel. He is quite
chewed up so we took some time to help clean him up (Leg, shoulder and face)
and then meet for lunch with the trailor at about
124 km. Shorter afternoon – 31 km. Staying near Saginaw. Pretty flat day again with only minor
climbing (actually double what we did yesterday but still not much). We will head into Deluth tomorrow and
because of my phobia of bridges Stan has found a way around the big one in Deluth
– turns out to be a shorter route.
We start under the lake tomorrow and head to Sautl Ste. Marie. It will probably take 4 1/2 days to make it there. It is one big lake eh? So Sunday we should pass through the
Sault and start the “homeward” stretch.
This will probably be 6 days so we may be home on Sat. We will keep you posted about arrivals
– still seems a long ways off.
The days for me, to be honest, are long and hard and there
are times when I still wonder if I will make it. You would think by this point I would confident of
completing this journey but not so.
I start each day trying to make as many kms by noon as possible thereby
making the afternoons (the part I find the toughest) as short as possible.
Lost my data but will repost with deatils when I find them.
Murray
No comments:
Post a Comment