June 6
By our new standards of performance this was a pretty pedestrian day – 153 km. with minor wind assist and 100km of roads without shoulders – Yuck!!!
The drivers in Sask and Man. go out of their way to make your riding easy on these roads – and every road for that matter. We made it to Souris in time for a late lunch. So in effect this is a rest day and why I am sitting in a Laundromat right now writing to you.
Stats – 153 km, 5 hr. 30 min. – 27.2 kph (I will post the othet stuff when I get back to my Garmin).
Arrived for lunch in a nice area – mosquitoes are everywhere and they are voracious.
Had to buy a pop at a Subway to get access to internet. Bell is useless here. Turns out Rogers is good here and I could have used my rocket stick - DUH!! Each area is so different re. communication.
Murray
No comments:
Post a Comment