Left Baudette Min. at 6:45 and headed to Grand Rapids Min. Got within 50 kms but the wind was in our face all day - ALL DAY!!!!! Do you have any idea how painful that is?????? I'm looking for a little sympathy here - am I getting it? In On. when we go for a ride you get the wind in your face one way and at your back the other - here it's all day one way. We have greatly benefitted from it at our backs throughout most of the prairies so I am trying not to whine - Really!!!
Lots of today was helped by Warren and Wayne letting me draft them. I'm pretty sure I would still be on the road if they had not helped me.
Found a nice camp site "Cutfoot Soo" - very expensive but when nothing else is around you take what you can get. Nice people running the place.
Stats - 157.28 km - 7 hrs. 31 min 34 seconds (yes I am still reporting seconds) - 533 m of climbing which is very surprising to me - not sure where we got them - 3890 calories - 20.9 kph.
We are going to try to get as close to Deluth tomorrow as we can. Once past Deluth we are "under" the lake and heading to Sault Ste. Marie - this will take 6 days - it is a big lake.
Some of you know I hate high bridges and Deluth has a sapper - so I am planning to have James drive me over and meet the others on the other side. Chicken eh?
We are still ahead of time and as long as we do at least 150 km a day we keep our cushion.
We have been very fortunate with the weather.
So I call home today and Jane has done 100 km on her own. What a women!!!
Miss you all - Murray
No comments:
Post a Comment