Thursday, May 22, 2014

Thurs. May 22 - So as my fear of the difficult parts of the journey are clearly in my mind I need to spend some time thinking about how these can actually add to my life.


You might want to ask, “Why are you choosing to impose these difficulties on yourself when life itself is going to do this without even being asked?”  In one sense I guess I am trying to control my own destiny.  Although I clearly expect difficult times on this trip at least I have chosen this – knowing that some real learning will come out of it.  But the truth is that I have no idea what else this trip may introduce into my life.  I only hope that I approach the unforeseen for what it really can be – a chance to learn and grow and move on in life.  


Tomorrow I will move away from the philosophical to the reality of the final prepping for the bike trip. There are some realities that you may not have thought of - and probably won't want to hear again:).

No comments:

Post a Comment