Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 5- Ho Hum
Well, just another typical day in the moutains- cycle about 20 k's of rolling then knock off a 33 k climb and then rocket downhill for a while, have lunch and finish off a 143 k ride. Yawn!
Now the rest of the story! Yes, it was a long tough climb and it was the first back to back long climb days. I wasn't sure how my legs (and mind and rear end [sorry to be indelicate] and hands and the rest of me) would hold up but it wasn't too bad. There were a couple of very tough stretches over the last 10 or 20 k's, after I'd done about 20 k's, so they made it a bit of a challenge! At least I beat the hail that Murray had to deal with. Overall we did almost 2200 meters (or metres for those of you who prefer the proper British spelling- I have used the American spelling so as not to confuse any of you!) and were in the saddles from 7 till around 4:30. One of the nice things about being a bit faster than a couple of the other guys is that I can arrive at our lunch destination before them so I get more rest!
Murray and I finished off in the rain. Hmm- Murray had hail and nobody else did and then rain and I was with him. Maybe there's a connection between being around Murray and ugly weather! I'll have to test that theory! And if I'm right Murray may become a very lonely cyclist!
No significant spiritual insights today- if you call anything that I've blogged significant. But God sure made a beautiful country for us to enjoy, and struggle through. Only one more tough day to go (Friday) in the mountains. And then we can get to some boring terrain. Not sure if I'm looking forward to that or not!
Warren

1 comment:

  1. Think mountains and frozen precipitation kind of go together. Good stories for later on. Stay upright and downhill.

    ReplyDelete