Tuesday, April 1, 2014

The Bike is Important - The Technical Part of the Tour

Below are the bikes we will be riding for our "Turn it Around Tour".  Bikes can help especially when you are on them for 6-10 hours a day.  However, while the bike is important the rider (and maybe the seat) is more important.  Also, our ability to keep our bikes tuned and repair them as needed will help at every stage.  I (Murray) have been struggling a bit to find the "perfect" seat.  I have not yet found the one I am sure will do the job.  I am testing a "split rail" seat at the moment and I still have to give it a little more time to decide if this is where I will settle.  The right side of my bum has not adjusted to this seat well.  If you have some ideas that you know work please let me know.

So to start on the "Technical Side" here are the bikes we will ride.  If you have any questions fire away.


Stan
Bike - Lemond Reno 59 cm 2008
Frame - aluminum with carbon fork and seat post
Shifters-  Shimano Tiagra Flight Deck
Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105
Wheels - Alexrims AT450 double wall
Tires- Bontrager sport 700x23
Gearing - 3 sprocket (30,42,52) to 9 sprocket (12 to 25)

Warren
Bike- Cannondale Synapse (2011)
Frame – Carbon Fibre
Components- all Ultegra
Frame size – 56 cm
Wheels- DT Swiss
Tires- Not sure but will check and let you know

Wayne
Bike - Devinci CX    (2009)
Frame - Carbon Monocoque 54 cm
Shifters/brake handles – Shimano 105 Flight Deck
Rear Derailleur – Shimano Ultegra
Brakes – Shimano 105
Wheels – Shimano WH-R560 and/or Mavic AKSIUM
Tires – Vredestein Ricorso MK2 and/or Vittoria Zaffiro and/or Bontrager RXL

Murray
Bike - Specialized Roubaix Expert (2011) 
Frame - Carbon Fibre - 54 cm
Components - All ultegra compents
Rear Derailleur  - changed to an XT mountain bike derailleur to get 1 to 1 ration on low gear
Wheels - Ksyrium - upgraded from the normal wheels on this model
Tires - Specialized endurance armadillo

Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment